Sorry my dear not tonight.
It’s almost midnight and so far I have started four posts with the intention of freeing up some brain space. But, to be honest I’m not in the mood. Here come the excuses…
- the standard, I have a headache
- the also standard, I’m too tired
- the not often used, my stomach is playing up
- the I don’t think ever used, I think I’ve cut the back of my throat and I can’t swallow
- the grasping for straws, my inner ear on the left hand side is really, really itchy
But really though, I feel awful. I’m sure this will pass by the morning and luckily I have a day off tomorrow. I feel bad for not finishing anything I’ve started tonight but it is very difficult to finish typing a post when you have one finger permanently stuck in your ear while the other hand is typing two letters, taking a break, rubbing my stomach and eventually pressing the space bar.
It’s taken 15mins to type just this.
The thing is I don’t see me getting any sleep tonight and the whole reason behind starting this blog was because I wasn’t sleeping. ‘If you’re going to be awake all night you may as well be doing something.’ This doesn’t feel like doing anything.
This feels like [insert simile here]. And here comes the best reason…
- My brain has stopped working